Control valves are normally in the form of a plate. In control valves,
At the ends of the control valves are parabolic projections extending into the through hole. Depending on the valve type, the control valves are different
They have flow characteristics.
– They provide precise flow control.
– A good leak tightness is ensured by the contact of the flap with the seat, without friction, by sitting.
– There are types suitable for high pressures and temperatures.
– They are also suitable for gaseous fluids.
They are suitable for opening and closing.
– According to the slide valves, this force application, its tightness is positive, as the shaft presses the plug directly on the seat.
Effects are. Therefore, there is a high pressure flow that may be dangerous to the atmosphere.
In cases, Globe valves are preferred instead of gate valves as shut-off valves.
– Pressure losses are high due to their structure.
– They contain dead volume. Residues may accumulate inside the valve.
– Flow is possible only in the direction indicated on the valve. It is not suitable for two-way operation.
– In large nominal dimensions, very large forces act on the opening and closing spindle. This force makes it difficult to close. When it comes to controlling flows; It is a common practice to split the flow into two or more lines and to use Globe valves.